We are Hiring! Library Buddies needed for 2020
UCT Libraries invites you to apply for the position of a Library Buddy.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task successfully and work under pressure
- Customer service orientated
- Sense of responsibility and punctuality
- Sound knowledge of the library catalogue (PRIMO) & electronic databases
- Good knowledge of MS Office 2016
- Knowledge of UCT systems & procedures (Vula & Peoplesoft)
- Knowledge of the use of various electronic devices, printers and scanners
- Assist users with information queries at 1st level
- Assist users to search the library catalogue (PRIMO) & electronic databases
- Assist users with the use of Microsoft Office 2016 (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Assist users at different service areas
- Assist users with the use of printers, scanners and personal electronic devices
- Assist staff with Orientation programmes
- Assist staff with UCT Library events
- Assist staff with administrative tasks
- Assist staff to administer the physical environment
Applications MUST include
- An application form: available at the Knowledge Commons Information Desk
- A 2-page CV, including 2 contactable referees
- A letter of motivation covering:
- Why you are applying for the position?
- What will you bring to the role of a library buddy?
- What do you hope to gain as a library buddy?
- Any application which does not comply with the above criteria will be regarded as incomplete.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a competency test based on IT skills and information resource knowledge during the interview phase.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Completed applications to be handed to: Danielle Abrahamse OR Marlene Adonis OR Nuroo Davids ONLY
Application closing date: Thursday, 22 August 2019
Compulsory four-day training: February 2020 (TBC)