Hiddingh Hall Library Student Assistant Applications for 2020 Now Open
Successful candidates will work in the Hiddingh Hall Library at the circulation desk, assisting patrons with loans, returns and requests. In addition, you will provide help with basic reference queries, PC and photocopy machine queries, collection maintenance and other clerical tasks as required, as well as monitoring student behaviour in the library.
- Experience working in a library or serving the public in some capacity
- Basic desktop computer skills
- Knowledge of library services and resources
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new information and accept new and varied tasks
- Must be a current UCT student
- Available to work for a minimum of 6 hours per week
- Available to attend compulsory training before term starts in February 2020
Applications Applicants must complete the online application form
Closing date 10 November 2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us after two weeks, your application was unsuccessful.