Competition: name our institutional data repository and WIN!
Help UCT Libraries name The University of Cape Town’s new Institutional Data Repository (UCT IDR) and stand a chance to win a UCT goodie bag with items up to the value of R1000!
Built on the Figshare for Institutions platform, this new service is an online repository, providing access to the supplementary research data that inform scholarly outputs hosted on other platforms, such as OpenUCT.
The UCT IDR allows you to make your research data citable, shareable, discoverable, and reusable. Some of its key features are:
- Get DOIs for your research outputs
- Comply with NRF and other funder requirements
- Control how your research outputs are accessed
- Validate and authenticate your research outputs
- Increase citations and boost your research metrics
How to enter
We invite all staff and students at UCT to enter the competition and help us NAME our new repository. The suggested name should be:
- unique and distinctive,
- representative of UCT’s student and researcher community, and
- inspired by the principles of Open Access, data sharing and research collaboration.
We also encourage you to submit taglines that can be used for marketing and promotional purposes. Although this is not a requirement, it might increase your chances of winning!
The winner will be announced at the official UCT IDR launch taking place during Open Access Week between 23 - 27 October (keep an eye on Digital Library Services’ website, Facebook and Twitter accounts for more info regarding this event). All entries must be received by Friday 13th October, 2017.
Fill in and submit the form below before 11:59pm on 13 October 2017 and you'll be entered!