The Health Sciences Library serves all the divisions and departments of the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The History of Health Sciences Library
The Health Sciences Library, the first university medical library in South Africa, came into being in 1912 with the establishment of the Medical School of the South African College. On 1 July 2020, the Health Sciences Library was officially renamed to Bongani Mayosi Health Sciences Library to acknowledge and celebrate the vision, impact and influence of the late Prof Bongani Mayosi on the health sciences academic endeavours and students of the University of Cape Town. Visit the Bongani Mayosi Legacy Project