The University of Cape Town subscribes to EndNote, which is a reference management tool used to store and organize references. UCT staff and students can access EndNote on campus and off-campus (by logging in via EZProxy)
Use Endnote to
- Update and maintain references across EndNote with improved sync capabilities. Sync your desktop, online and iPad accounts, and even across multiple computers.
- Set preferences to create clear, organized, and easily searchable names for your PDF documents as you import them.
- Add subheadings to your bibliographies using your own or predefined categories to distinguish primary and secondary sources.
- Organise your research materials better by using new reference types such as Interview, Podcast, Conference Paper, and Press Release
Where to get Endnote:
Download it from the UCT ICTS website:
How to use Endnote
(the following are video clips to assist you with EndNote):
- Getting started (Windows)
- Getting Started (Mac)
- Add references through an online search and direct export
- Create Groups to organise research
- Cite While You Write
- Share your research with colleagues
- Access your research anywhere
Help at UCT